Site Description and Use
The site is identified as Parcel Number: 020 016 006 (approximately 14.67 acres) located at 318 10th Avenue in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia. The site consists of vacant buildings consisting of a restaurant, offices, warehouses, covered loading areas, and a vehicle maintenance building. A commercial truck scale is also located at the property. The owner of the site, the Georgia Building Authority, maintains the site.
According to the historical topographic and Sanborn maps, the site was developed with a railroad spur in 1908 and Columbus Brick and Tile in 1929. The site was later redeveloped in 1955 as the Georgia State Farmers Market. The site remained in operation until 2017. Columbus Towing and Recovery operated at the site since at least 2010. Previous operations of the eastern portion of the site are unknown. Due to the presence or former presence of underground storage and dispensing of petroleum products, activities previously conducted on the eastern portion of the site formerly leased to Columbus Towing and Recovery have been identified as a REC.