Site Description and Use
The site is identified as 2600 2nd Ave, Tax Parcel No. 007.015.009; 2602 2nd Ave, Tax Parcel No. 007.015.008; 2604 2nd Ave, Tax Parcel No. 007.015.007; 2608 2nd Ave, Tax Parcel No. 007.015.005; 2608 2nd Ave, Tax Parcel No. 007.015.005A; 211 26th Street, Tax Parcel No. 007.015.011; and 213 26th Street, Tax Parcel No. 007.015.012. The site is approximately 0.42 acre with 7 parcels located at 2nd Avenue and 26th Street in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia. The site contains of two vacant residential buildings. The owner of the site, Tamara Wright, maintains the site.
According to the historical topographic maps, the site was developed as residential property since at least 1908. The site has remained residential property since this time. Upon review of the historical aerial photographs, it appears that residential structures located at 2602 and 2604 2nd Avenue and 211 26th Street were demolished and removed from the site by 2007. These parcels have remained vacant since then. A former service station was listed in the City Directories as Cox Service Station and appears on the Sanborn maps. The Cox Service Station has been identified as a REC associated with the site.